- e-mails cleared = <10 (still have 27 to go)
- desk visitors = 4
- to-dos cleared = 1.5
- arranged meetings = 4 (inc. daily standup)
Not a wasted day, but I’d say not much was done for the medium/long term, which I’d like to do more of. I’ll take today more as starting the engine after getting back from a holiday in Perth (which I will write about). Reflections:
- Again, need to learn how to handle troubleshooting. Should I be more harsh and hard-lined? Which may not do well for building relationships with the actual users, but would definitely help with efficiency.
- Need to find out how to build a better product – I’m still very executional/operational
- Need to find the courage and beat the inertia to ASK people about processes – but first, need to gather the thoughts to ask good questions. Sat in a meeting today and almost everything kinda flew over my head.