Some people like to keep a “done” list. Today I thought I’d just log some of the challenges faced today:
- A whole morning breezing by without me getting much real work done (by my definition) – standup, 2 stakeholder visits for clarifications, getting pinged on Skype for troubleshooting and bam! Lunch.
- Following up on triage actionables is a lot harder than I thought; did manage to speak to a stakeholder with some actionables (low priority) and more questions
- Lost on how to handle the backlog prioritisation – till now we’ve mostly been taking feature / improvement requests from stakeholders; trying to apply the scrum methodology of bringing stories to the table is new for me. Perhaps I need to look at a more dual-track system? A problem is how to prioritise between stories and features / improvements / bugs
- Knowing that our release will probably be delayed – somehow… we had less story points than the last but looks like they’re pretty off this time round.
- Stakeholder coming to me with a problem, but is not able to completely articulate how we could go about solving it – basically that the database is structured in a way that is difficult to generate the necessary reports. My “complaint” is more about the difficulty/effort in finding a solution. So we’re gonna start talking to some people for help and opinions – I hope it leads somewhere!